Academy Dashboard Forum Production Recording Techniques Does anyone here suffer with annoying guitar resonances? Reply To: Does anyone here suffer with annoying guitar resonances?

JamEZmusic
Participant

Arthur, I really appreciate that. I don't think I was very clear in describing the resonance I am getting though, because I don't think the kind of resonance that I am getting on my Steel string acoustic guitar would be the same kind of problem that would translate over to the Electric because no hollow body? It's a high ringing sound that isn't part of the attack? it rings through in between each strum, so I'm not sure if the transient designer would work for that would it?

I could be wrong in assuming the Transient Shaper plugin you speak of is the same as a standard Enveloper plugin (like in Logic X?) As in, it you can shape the attack or release of a transient?

Bit of a bugger that I can't try it out because I'm using Mac, I will give the Enveloper plugin a go in a second see if it helps some.

Thanks so much for response.

Cheers,
    James

Edit: I just tried using Enveloper and setting release and adjusting gain down a touch but didn't really do the trick unfortunately, it made the guitar pump too heavily. I can see this being really useful for me still, so I'm glad you mentioned it! Nice one

Edit2: mate, just listened to your "operetta in Bb" mix, Song is fantastic!

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by JamEZmusic. Reason: Typos
    • This reply was modified 6 years ago by JamEZmusic.
    • This reply was modified 6 years ago by JamEZmusic.