Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Academy Lesson Suggestions How to deal with your own insecurity and self-doubt? Reply To: How to deal with your own insecurity and self-doubt?

hcmgmusicdude

For me, insecurity and self-doubt are a by-product of my fears. Fear holds us back from doing all the things we really want to do in life. It’s the fear of failing that eats at our insides and says “no, you can’t do that”. It stops us from pushing the ‘send’ button when we want to make a comment (like now). It stops us from doing whatever it is we desire to do that comes from deep within us, especially art because it's so personal.

In the music world, fear of failure is synonymous with fear of rejection. Rejection is the one thing musicians, songwriters or mixing engineers/producers fear the most. It’s the one thing no one wants to face. Personally, I hate rejection. The problem is, rejection and failure is what leads to success. You have to get past it. You have to endure it. You just have to tell yourself “I don’t give a damn” and just do it and it's not easy.

Life will always have its ups and downs, you can’t eliminate those. However, you can eliminate fear of failure by just refusing to fear failing. The more times you fail, the more times you will succeed. Eventually success wins out. I have much more to say on the subject, but I fear I may be rejected for making such a long comment.