Paul Motion
Participant

Hi, here's my attempt. Still not happy with the bass. I tried to adjust it after this mix and messed up so much more. I think it may just need turning down but would love some feedback.

I ended up using the Abbey Road plugins from Waves. These were:
    Chambers
    Plate
    RS124 Compressor
    EMI TG12345 Channel Strip
    J37 Tape
    Reel ADT
    TG Mastering Chain
    REDD EQs

I should have purchased the RS56 Passive EQ as the EQ on the other plugins just isn't accurate enough at all.. meaning you end up having a couple of the same plugins to access different frequencies BUT.. the Abbey Road plugins are hungry hungry beasts so I ended up running out of CPU power 🙁

The things I liked; the J37 tape is brilliant and quite versatile. The Reel ADT can also be used for a few different things but you need to be careful of phase issues.
    The things I didn't like; I REALLY missed the MV2. It took quite a bit of fiddling to properly work out how the EQ curves worked generally on all the plugins with EQ, which became a little annoying after a while as it slowed things down considerably and meant the mix was a little fragile, (changing a little thing had large consequences).. likely due to my mix style though. I had to completely rethink how I did things quite a lot of the time although it gave my ears a solid work out.

I definitely wouldn't use all the Abbey Road plugins like this again but I love how much I got to learn about them. The J37 will likely see a lot more action.. the others probably a little more only here and there frankly.

Let me know what you think!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10iJ52eMHbDUlzE7AxJ64p916j8wt4RS4/view?usp=sharing